Thursday 3 July 2008

SPAIN - germany 1-0!!!!!!

This comes a little bit late but I have got to say it….. Hurray for SPAIN!!! It was a well deserved and sweet 1-0 victory against the irritating Germans. No, my £32.50 winnings had nothing to do with my glee, I've disliked the German football team (note, only the football team, I think German car-makers are great) since I was 12 years old when they won England in the semis and Argentina in the finals of the World Cup. Why do I support Argentina? Dunno… I liked Diego Maradona. Since then, I cheered for every team against Germany.

Last weekend was pretty eventful, we went to watch a musical called Wicked on Saturday. It was pretty entertaining, except that there were so many solo scenes and the songs weren't that catchy. We really enjoyed ourselves especially since we'd planned this like 4 months ago. Before the musical, YL and I went to this place called one-o-one for lunch. It was a fish restaurant and we had Norwegian king crab for our starter and Salmon for our main, both were washed down with a nice white. This was the most fantastic meal we had in a while and I think that it is gonna be a regular for us. We spent the next day with Adrian, Sharon and Lynette having dim sum in some unknown place (we walked from Church all the way to Chinatown and were starving by the time we got there! Adrian, who led the way, brought us through the sleazy part of Soho so he could "see how his businesses were doing" - geez). We had KFC for dinner (together with wine - strange combi right?) while watching the Euro 2008. I'm glad this weekend is approaching soon… we might make another trip to the countryside again but it depends on the weather – maybe we'll find another happening restaurant to go to again!

1 comment:

jKay said...

hey! all my friends who watched wicked love it!! i am hoping to catch it when i get to nyc, but you make it sound.. so-so.. haha ;p

am looking forward to reading about all the "happening restaurants" you guys will be checking out!! hope you guys will keep up your weekend walks too! ;ppp