Monday 7 July 2008

Eat and sleep and eat...

This weekend was boring… NO FISHING cos it kept raining. On Saturday, we went to the happening fish restaurant again (we are such creatures of habit) http://www.onemansfish.com/ and had a splendid meal. Yen-Ling and I had tuna steak tartar with oyster, mackerel with strange condiments, lamb and rabbit saddle and black pudding… yum. After that, we went to watch Chronicles of Narnia using our unlimited movies card. The show was really good and I liked the part when Aslan roared…. It reminded me of Kung Fu Hustle's "lion roar"… though I know they're not quite the same. Narnia was really much better than the first episode though I understood that it didn't quite follow the book (I never read it before so I don't really care.)

After the movie, we came home and YL whipped up a nice dinner. Before that however, both YL and I went a bit crazy with cleaning the flat. After a good hour or so, YL cooked teow chew porridge with let me see, fried long beans, luncheon meat omelette and black pepper beef. BTW, YL's cooking is very yummy.

On Sunday, we had lunch with Ruth at our favourite haunt, Cafe Japan. As usual, it never fails to live up to expectations. We were all so full from lunch that YL slept on the way back home (and for most of the afternoon). So there, we pretty much had an eat and sleep boring weekend. Oh, and the topic of having kids was raised again, but quickly swept under the carpet… still wanna play.

No comments: