Wednesday 16 July 2008

I think I'll name my future son Elton...

Last weekend was pretty fun. We started it on Friday by watching Dirty Dancing – which was fantastic. Its not a typical "musical" as the leads didn't do the singing but it was immensely entertaining (especially at the end). This ranks easily as one of the best musicals I've watched. On Saturday, we wanted to go out to the Cotswolds for a weekend away again but alas, all the b&bs were full. We were gutted but still made the most of it by going to our usual Cafe Japan for lunch and for a movie after that. Sunday though, was the highlight of the weekend – going to watch Elton John and band in an outdoor concert. We had fab front block seats, the weather was great and he's singing was excellent… there's nothing more to ask for really. Oh except for someone to smack that stupid idiot ang mo woman security guard who stopped me from brining in my camera because they looked too "professional". IDIOT – I was so excited to take some nice close up shots of EJ (I even told YL that with my zoom lens, I could even take pictures of his blackheads or pimples) Anyway, because we didn't bring our normal "non-professional" camera, we couldn't take any pictures at all!! Stupid rule really, made worse by everyone snapping away with their "non-professional" cameras while I just sat and watched. I could have gotten into an argument that the Nikon D80 was a amateur or at best "semi-professional" camera, but I thought it'll be pointless (tui niu dan qin). So unfortunately, no pics to post on this. There's was this period during the concert when the sun was setting when he sang the song "don't let the sun go down"… which was quite nice but the sun didn't really listen though… haha. Other hit songs he sang were "your song", "yellowbrick road", "honkey tonk man", "rocketman", "candle in the wind", "crocodile rock", "Daniel"…

So that's that… another quick weekend past. Next weekend will be great as it will be the buildup to our annual vacation. This time it'll be 2 weeks up the Artic Circle to the North Cape at the land of the midnight sun… I can't wait!!! (though I'm trying to block out of my mind the fact that there will be a closing taking place next week).

3 comments:

kayabread said...

elton?!! what a horrible name, kor....

kidkat said...

seconded!! no (future) nephew of mine should have such a gay name! even if he does sing great :P

jKay said...

i'm so excited for you guys re: the upcoming trip!!! also on my "to go list"... can't wait to see your pics!!! ;p