Thursday 17 July 2008

Fine fine... No Elton.

I didn't think there will be such quick opposition to my ingenious idea of naming my son "Elton" – nice what… heh heh… actually the first person to oppose was YL. This was the conversation we had one our drive back from the concert:

Me: Phwoah, such a good concert. EJ is d*mn good at his singing and he's really talented la…
YL: Yah.
Me: I think I'm going to call my future son "Elton".
YL: Seow ah! NO.
Me: Well, no way is he going to be called "Christian" lor…
YL: I like "Christian". Isn't that a Christian name? "Christian"?
Me: No just because its called "Christian", it doesn't mean its a Christian name. I don't think anyone's name is "Christian" in the bible. Anyway Malcolm Chua is using "Christian" for his son's name…
YL: See, its nice… Anyway Mal is having a son? (she then veered off topic for a while).
Me: OK, why not we call our son "John" instead?
YL: Eeeee – NO.
Me: Hey! Jesus loved John very much ok!
YL: NO. I used to tease people with the name John. Sounds so ang mo.
Me: Well, its gotta be one of the 4 gospels and it doesn't help that you can only use 3 only (cannot use "Mark"). Haha… how about "Luke"?
YL: Huh – dun want Luke la.
Me: What's wrong with Luke?
YL: Sounds so old! What about "Matthew"?
Me: "Matthew" is nice. Matthew Tan… hmmm Ok "Matthew".
YL: Ok.
Me: Or how about "Paul"??
YL: NO…..
Me: "Bartholomew"?
YL: NO…
and the conversation goes on…

So that's where we got on our future son's name. Notice especially to my close relatives (especially those most likely to have another kid, ahem – Pammy) hahaha… dun steal "Matthew" huh. You can use "Christian" if you want!!! And quickly...

2 comments:

kidkat said...

*phew* no elton I can sleep better at nights now! Hahaha..."Christian"???
-.- doesn't ring with ling leh

kayabread said...

ah lets put aside boys names, and talk about girly names instead! :)

next post, perhaps? keep me entertained... :)