Wednesday 10 December 2008

Christmas is approaching...

So, much has happened since I last wrote, sad events really, especially the Mumbai terrorist attacks and the Bangkok protests. As the news unfolded, I really felt sad and sorry for the victims in Mumbai who lost their lives so innocently and tragically. I just hope that what's happened has brought more people together to treasure their loved ones and not take anything for granted...

Anyway on a different subject, Christmas is approaching (!) and everyone is in a Christmassy mood lately. Mum and dad are both coming over to London and I've booked a cottage in the countryside (together with a traditional fire place and all) so the whole family can all spend a quiet and peaceful Christmas week together, who knows Santa might actually visit (since for the first time in my life he has fireplace access on Christmas eve)... hahaha. YL is excited about roasting a nice turkey for Christmas lunch and mum is all ready to cook up a storm for those 7 days. I've got the monopoly board, mahjong and other board games ready, and ruth is tasked with researching the sights to visit while we're there.... The only thing between now and then is this transaction I'm currently on which is going full steam ahead...

Oh well, 1 step at a time, 1 day at a time, soon it'll be Christmas and the New Year, then I'll have my leave entitlement reset - and it'll be skiing, diving, cruising, etc. all over again! 4 months since the last holiday is 4 months too long :)

1 comment:

jKay said...

hey good to see you are doing well since your last post.. hehe.. did you get around to taking that med?!

anyway your xmas plans sounds heavenly! good luck with the santa bit k ;p

i, on the other hand, haven't book my xmas trip and the tics are SO SCARY NOW! ARGH!!!