Tuesday 16 September 2008

Tomorrow is our 3 years wedding anniversary!

Sianz… every morning there's some bad news around the world – Flyzoom, Oasis, XL.com, Bear Stearns, Freddie Mac, now Lehman Bros… sigh… What's worse, the sterling is dropping like a stone.

I think we should all go for a holiday… hehehe…

Anyway, tomorrow is our 3rd wedding anniversary! How time flies when you're having fun! These 3 years have been the best years of my life! We did say that we'll have a child 3 years after we are married, but I think that it has been a moving target (much to mum's exasperation) cos the plan now is still to have a child 3 years later. Heh heh… children can always have later, now must earn money so that my child can have a head start in life right?! Heh heh heh… actually (don't tell mum), the real reason is that we still wanna roam the world and go on holidays…

Anyway, yes – 3 years have passed so quickly. Since then, so many things have taken place, we have both changed firms, relocated to London, picked up diving, I've changed my specialty from competition law to corporate M&A and funds, and YL is now practising in debt capital markets, many of our friends have gotten married etc. I was kaypoing Steph's and Chay Ying's blog this morning to see if they wrote about their accounts of our wedding day 3 years ago… hahaha… and they did! (http://pigginginsydney.blogspot.com/2005_09_01_archive.html http://stephie81.blogspot.com/2005_09_01_archive.html) . Steph have since had a son, Josh and is now expecting another child! Congrats Steph! and if you're reading this, I know it's belated, but pai seh about the food portions…. we did tell the hotel to stuff our guests till they're bursting.... hahaha. tell HC we shall go for a big nice dinner the next time we return to Singapore! CY on the other hand has moved to NY after her round the world travels... we'll visit you next year CY... hahah I didn't know you were so kan choing and that it was so draining during the wedding! hahaha…. it was quite fun though heh? I wouldn't wanna do it again though!

This is what the jie meis did to "torture" my brothers and I 3 years ago!



Anyway, the plan for tomorrow is to go have a Thames river cruise dinner (told you we like cruising! Hahaha). It should be nice if the weather holds up so fingers crossed...

5 comments:

jKay said...

Time really really flies! I can't believe it has been 3 years!!! Congratulations!! =))

Anyway, reading back on my post, wahliao, really sound so suaku.. hee.. it was my first time being jie mei, thats why kan chiong lah! But thinking back, it was really really fun - thanks for letting me a part of your Big Day! =)

kidkat said...

hohoho...since u got the name figured out, might as well have a kid lah...then u just chuck the little fella with ur mom and go off u go on ur travels! hehehe (shhhh...dun say its my idea hor! or MY mom and/or YOUR mom will kill me! lol)

Stephie said...

Congrats guys! Alamak, u read that I complained about the food. Time flies isn't it????

kayabread said...

kor the photo collage is such a girl thing hehehe :D loveya!

Mark said...

It was done by my wedding photographer la... He was a guy by the way...