Wednesday 17 September 2008

Hat Trick!

So Today's the day! Actually, its today and tomorrow since we got married over 2 days… so I'll always have an excuse if I forgot ("Isn't it tomorrow dear? Oh you mean the church wedding, I was thinking about the wedding banquet!" tsk tsk tsk – I'm sure I'm going to need this in future)

Oh well, I can still remember 3 years ago, trying frantically to steal my bride from the experienced (and international cast) of jie meis (there were Singaporeans, a Malaysian, a Hong Konger, a BBC and an ah lian)… I doubt Das reads me blog so I think I'm safe… heh heh…

Anyway, as the clock struck midnight last night, I turned to YL, gave her a kiss, wished her happy anniversary and told her that I loved her. She was (as usual) sleeping so she grunted her usual "mmm, I love you too" back… and then she buried her head in her pillow… and I continued to watch my discovery channel. A year ago, we celebrated our 2nd anniversary in Chicago and 2 years ago, we celebrated it in Singapore… I wonder where we will be celebrating it next year…. Dubai?!

Thanks CY! I hope you are well in NY.

Pammy, we have settled the names already: Boy – Matthew, Girl – Charity/Faith. So hard to find a good name without re-using! I think "Sarah" will be nice as well. I heard from mum (in fact many many times) that you're expecting again (congrats by the way!) but hiyah, the pressure… Every time I speak with mum, we'll have this topic in the conversation (she even got Ruth to convey the message to me):

Mum: Son, happy anniversary!
Me: Thanks mum!
……
Mum: eh, did I tell you? Pammy is pregnant again
Me: Yes, you told me yesterday… (feeling of dread)
Mum: Yes, she's pregnant again… with her second child… her second child!!
Me: Yes yes… I know (now waiting for the inevitable)
Mum: When's YL's turn?
Me: I told you before, when we come back to Singapore la… 3 years time.
Mum: (pretend not to have heard what I said) You know ah, Pammy is pregnant again, I'm waiting for my grandchild also leh…..
Me: Yes yes, 3 years from now…
Mum: I can take care of your child for you, I can take care of YL, I can come to London, I can…….
Me: Yes yes yes, 3 years from now…
Mum: Pammy is pregnant again…
Me: Yes yes yes…
Mum: When's YL's turn…
Me: 3 years… yes yes….

So you see la… stupid Pammy… now kena pressure again…

3 comments:

kidkat said...

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Oh that is PRICELESS!!!!

I LUUURVE your mom!

Hohohoho...

You tell her lah, couples under PRESSURE will find it harder to conceive! That may stop the "nagging" for a while? Kekekeke

kidkat said...

oh yes...

HAPPY 3rd ANNIVERSARY!!!

Go ahead and fall in love all over again and again and again! (but don't get too carried away? *ahem*)

God bless you both!!!

Verny said...

Happy 3rd Anniversary to you both! Cool...didn't realise it's been 3 years liao...=) it's really funny reading abt ur mum nagging you and YL to have a child...haha