Wednesday 28 January 2009

My little lionheart...

Deuteronomy 31:6 "Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you."

Last evening YL screamed at a guy who attempted to rob her at gunpoint. Facing adversity, the little lionheart in her stood up to the perpetrator who subsequently fled. Some may call this stupid, some may call it misplaced courage. I think that in that moment, our Lord is with her and she knew it, he was helping her to assess the situation and he gave her the courage to stand up to the robber. I am proud of her. I've been speaking to police detectives, the management company, resident's association, security company etc. about this matter but no matter what I do, no matter how much I can protect her, I know I can't be there all the time. I thank the Lord for being with her even though I could not (I was supposed to walk back with her but I had a seminar in the evening).

3 comments:

kidkat said...

Eeeeps! Thank God for protecting YL that night!

Wat an eventful begining for the new year!

Stephie said...

ohmigawd! Hope Yenling's alright!!!!

Hebrew_Star said...

Thank God!